jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)

Should I approve or deny this comment from an unverified person

1. Laura du Toit profile image87
    Laura du Toitposted 8 years ago

I have a hub on emotional abuse and wrote a poem on this topic.

I have now received a disturbing comment - more so if it is genuine and need someone's opinion on whether I should approve or deny this comment.

The name of the hub is Emotional Abuse and it is the last comment on the hub.

I am not promoting my hub I just need some advice.

Thank you

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I would approve it. Really I'm not sure if there is anything else you can do. Perhaps you can report it and perhaps the police should be called.

2. lorlie6 profile image82
      lorlie6posted 8 years agoin reply to this

That is a disturbing comment, particularly since it's author is unverified.  I think I might approve it in order to urge this person to come forward and communicate more.  Tough call.

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Getting involved is the worst thing you can do. You can't get into people's minds. Who knows what or who  this person is.

3. tantrum profile image61

Just leave it there or delete it, but don't get involved !

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago

that is very disturbing...and yea like what Lorlie and Poppa said it is a tough call but I would approve it and see what happens. Maybe the writer will come forward...who knows...but that is creepy!

3. Laura du Toit profile image87

Thanks but as I am sitting in South Africa I don't think I can do much other than approve his comment.

Will wait and see what other people think if I get more feedback!

Thanks for your time.

4. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 8 years ago

for whatever reason this person came to your article and read it and left a comment. I would leave it.

5. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I think leave it. It may make the person feel worse if they see their comment has been ignored. 

By the way, for your Flickr photos, you must include a hyperlink to the photographer's photostream - just acknowledging them in the caption isn't enough, because that's not a link. 

You can put the links at the end of the Hub, in a links capsule if you like.

Laura du Toitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot - I did not realize that - I thought if it was under Creative Commons that I just needed to acknowledge them in the caption. Will correct that as soon as I have a chance.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

6. Laura du Toit profile image87

I approved the comment and posted the following reply :

Killing yourself will just make your wife feel more guilty and if you have been abusing her that is the last thing that she deserves. Let her walk away from the marriage if that is what she wants - but let her do it knowing that she does it with your blessing. If you do anything to harm yourself you will make her suffer for the rest of her life.

If he comes back then maybe he will listen to what I have to say - if he does not maybe someone else will think about what I said and  gain by it - who knows.

Thanks once again for all the advice. smile

7. AEvans profile image80
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

Deny the comment and report it as Spam notify HP about the issue the will handle it to the best of their ability. smile

Laura du Toitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have just approved it. There is no link so I suppose there can be no harm done. Or am I missing something?

Don't worry about it ! You should always do what you feel it's right. You have done well ! smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Why would HubPages do anything about it?

8. Laura du Toit profile image87

Can it be considered as spam if he has not posted an outgoing link?

no, it's not spam. It's just a comment

9. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago

I hope that the person does come back and read your comment to his. You are a sweet and insighful person and I hope that either he and/or more ppl read it and take it to heart.

10. Laura du Toit profile image87

Thank you for your kind comment Crazdwriter smile

working