jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Any way to stop this nonsense?

1. Petra Vlah profile image61
    Petra Vlahposted 5 years ago

Any way to stop this nonsense?

My hubs have never been spamed before, but in the last 2 days I had a multitude of "visitors". Some posted a link, same just left unrelated comments which I had to deny. How often has this happened to you and what are you doing about it?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

The Spam-bombing appears to be happening all over the site, I've gotten about a half dozen of them myself. I just delete them and move on. This too shall pass.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I haven't had it happen yet, but I have seen several questions here mentioning this new phenomenon.  I would continue to deny and if it remains a problem maybe contact the admin. They may need to change the sign-up requirements here.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The spam is coming from outside hubpages, unregistered members. I have changed my comments to only accept members and I have also turned off allowing comments until it passes.

4. RTalloni profile image87
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

Same here, and they are coming again today. 

I'm going into comments, then choosing spam in the filter box.  The problem posts come up in one group and I can delete them quickly that way.

If anyone knows a better way to deal with them I would be glad to read about it.

5. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 5 years ago

I too have had problems with it for the past two days.  I delete some of them when I see them on the screen but some return within minutes. Hopefully the system is aware that it is spam.  I am not getting notifications so I assume that the system recognizes it for what it is...but still there is the clean up. WB

6. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 5 years ago

The whole HubPages site is being attacked.  You may want to join the official discussion in the admin forum,

7. anglnwu profile image89
    anglnwuposted 5 years ago

MIne too. It's terribly annoying. A fellow hubber, Arlene, told me what to do and since I did what she told me, it has stopped.

Here's you do:

Go to Accounts
    Choose Global comment capsule
    click settings
    In the settings choose:

Comments must be approved--yes
    only signed-in--yes
    display --yes

Click save.

I did that and it works.

1. Petra Vlah profile image61
      Petra Vlahposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for giving us a solution to this annoying problem. I will try it right this minute and I will also post it on the forum where this problem is being discussed

8. Cobrafan profile image78
    Cobrafanposted 5 years ago

It happens to me once in a while. But I set all my comments so I have to accept comments before they're posted. That way I can weed out spam before it ever goes live.