jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How long should I wait before transferring deleted articles from other sites to

1. WebsiteConfetti profile image65
    WebsiteConfettiposted 5 years ago

How long should I wait before transferring deleted articles from other sites to Hub Pages?

I am transferring a bunch of my Squidoo lenses to Hub Pages, because, whist they get high traffic views over there, because they are not in the top two tiers, they are not generating very much revenue. One of them gets thousands each week, but still only in the lowest tier. Its not the type of content that would make someone click on a google ad either.  I don't want to be picked up for duplicate content, so how long after deleting a squidoo lens would it be okay to republish that content here.

2. Sheepsquatch profile image65
    Sheepsquatchposted 5 years ago

Google supposedly has never deleted anything that it comes up in its search engine. Hubpages probably uses Google to check for possible duplicates. You may want to change them somewhat, and if hubpages flags them, take them down or explain the situation.

1. RoxiM profile image60
      RoxiMposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have revised articles that I wrote years ago, which are still on other sites from which I am not permitted to delete them. Even though I felt one article was significantly different, it was still flagged as "duplicate."

3. yougotme profile image90
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

I did the same thing. It takes about 3 weeks before the deleted lens get de-indexed by search engines.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

Way back when, I transferred all my eHow articles to HubPages. And, while I noticed that a lot of links still popped up in the search results, they didn't lead anywhere, so HubPages couldn't find anything to flag as duplicate. And I think I started re-posting them a day or two later. Just do a few test searches. Highlight a few sentences in your deleted articles and search for them in Google (in quotation marks). If nothing comes up, it's probably safe to post it on HubPages.

5. Glenn Stok profile image100
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

I also had moved about 5 or 6 articles to HubPages that I originally had published elsewhere.  I found that different search engines have varying delays before they drop the listing.  After I deleted the source, I did a search for the title in Google, Yahoo and Bing every few days until I found it was gone from all three. Then I published under HubPages. If you do it that way you'll be safe. I never had any issues with it.

working