jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Getting my adsense account approved

1. Brenton McDonald profile image76
    Brenton McDonaldposted 5 years ago

Getting my adsense account approved

My initial application for an Adsense account through Hubpages was disapproved. I re-applied and received an email that my application was under review. I recently received another email telling me I needed to add code to my web page to get approved. It is my understanding that I cannot add code to a hub page. Can anyone give me some advice please?

2. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

I got this e-mail also.  From my AdSense account home, it says my Adsense account  for content is still under review (part 2 of a 2 stage process).  To get to this point I had to "put some google ad code" onto some of my hubs for google to review.
    Under the "My Ads" tab, it said I could create a new ad unit for a hub.  I did this and it said I had to add the code to the Hub. I didn't understand this for 2 reasons, one, I thought HPs did this automatically and second, I don't understand HTML.
    But, 2 down from "ad units" was an option for URL channels.  I clicked on this and was able to paste in some web addresses for my Hubs.  It was pretty easy to add URL channels.
    I hope this helps (or even makes sense).  I really don't understand this Google AdSense stuff.  I try to do what ever they ask.  Hopefully, I'll know in a few days if I did this right and finally get an Adsense account (after 4 months).

3. Brenton McDonald profile image76
    Brenton McDonaldposted 5 years ago

Thanks heaps for this. I have managed to get myself thoroughly confused. Where exactly did you paste in the web addresses? Let me know how you get on.

Thanks again

Cheers

Brenton

1. bankscottage profile image95
      bankscottageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

From your HPs account earnings page, click on link to your Google Adsense report  (even though it says 'account denied'). 
      Your Adsense account home will come up (with the message about the account being in review). 
      Click on the second tab "My Ads

working