jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Switching off comments for new layout

1. CyclingFitness profile image92
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Switching off comments for new layout

Should I switch off the comments capsules on my hubs with the new layout?
    With more ads at the base of a page are lots of hub comments limiting our potential for ad click earnings?

Lots of successful hubs have large numbers of comments but really do we need comments apart from hubs core which means nothing to google.

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I think having comments encourages others to follow you (therefore more traffic when others read and share) and it also provides valuable feedback.  To me, those things would be more important than the slim likelihood you might get more clicks.  I do ok with my hubs earnings and I have never considered disabling comments.

3. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

I always keep my comments enabled. I like to be comfortable with my readers and give them the option to comment. If they can comment they're more likely to come back and read more of my articles and share them with their friends.

To me, not having a comment box says I don't trust them and their feedback. (I really hate it when people don't have a comment box. Those are usually the hubs I most want to comment on.)

1. CyclingFitness profile image92
      CyclingFitnessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Nochance. Does that mean you do not trust a website that doesn't have a comment box?

working