jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Does anybody know what happened to G+1'ing hubs?

1. Philanthropy2012 profile image87
    Philanthropy2012posted 5 years ago

Does anybody know what happened to G+1'ing hubs?

Was it decided that not enough people were using it and therefore it was not worth it? You would think that G+1'ing was a good way to get up there on the Google search.

2. Thomas Swan profile image95
    Thomas Swanposted 5 years ago

Bumping this because I would like to know too. I asked this before on someone elses thread but didn't see an answer. Surely we want google to "like" hubpages, and using their +1 button seems like a good way to go about that.

I noticed that it's on the questions pages though. Maybe it's because the +1 button is better suited to these types of pages?

3. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

When hubpages did their changes to the layout they determined that if people are going to +1 a page they are most likely to do it from a button on their browser instead of from the page. This allowed them to make their "share" section more streamlined.

I use chrome and just have a google+ button. It makes everything so much easier and I can +1 any webpage I want and see how many others have +1'd it as well.

1. Philanthropy2012 profile image87
      Philanthropy2012posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh I see, thank you! I didn't know about the button despite being a Chrome user myself - thanks a lot smile

2. Insane Mundane profile image60
      Insane Mundaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The whole +1 ordeal was a bunch of foolish crap, anyway, so who cares?  Hey, Philanthropy, are you coming down or not?

working