jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How often does Google page rank change?

1. michiganman567 profile image83
    michiganman567posted 5 years ago

How often does Google page rank change?

I had one hub drop to the third page.  Is this common?  How often do you check your hubs for page rank and edit them to keep them ranked favorably?

2. john000 profile image95
    john000posted 5 years ago

This is from WikiAnswers.com:
    There are two types of page rank. One that we normally see and use is called "Pseudo Page Rank". This is the one that is publicly available form google in tool bars or through other sites that use the google approved code to track page rank. This page rank is updated in approximately 3 months. It could be earlier or late as to the liking of google guys.
    The actual page rank is how ever only available with google and changes dynamically. No other body on earth knows the real PR value. This can be any thing like 3.124 or 2.789 not necessaryly a whole number like 3 out or 10. When there is a google PR update this deciaml values may be rounded up and exported for public use. Again the rules of rounding is not available with anyone except Google.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_often_doe … z1yTUldnV1

3. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Google page rank (1-10) is just a general indication of backlinks to a site.

Your actual rank in the search engine results depends on your content, backlinks, keywords and much more.

Because each Google search is changed based on location, previous search history, previous click history etc, it's often hard to know when and where your articles are ranking.

4. plussize-lingerie profile image59
    plussize-lingerieposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure you mean PageRank? PageRank is the old score Google gives pages and while it influences your position in the search results, it's only one factor. Google even downplays it these days.

I think from you phrase "I had one hub drop to the third page" that you are talking about SERP position, ie Search Engine Results Page position. That is to say where your hub appears on the Google results pages for any particular search phrase. Is that right?

If so, then the answer is that your result will change every day now. Google now adjusts the results roughly every 24 hours. Now, more often than not, your results will stay roughly the same, but it's not uncommon to bounce up and down places between pages even. It will all be affected by your content, when it was updated, inbound links, etc and all these factors are then in play on your competition too, so hence there's fairly fluid movement.

Bear in mind also that my SERP on a phrase might not be the same as yours on the same phrase, as others things like geography can affect search results.

Editing pages to make them more attuned to a phrase or phrases that people search on makes sense, but then it's best to step back. Constantly editing, especially titles, (if it's very regular tweaking, ie daily, rather than more natural updating) can also negatively impact Google SERP placement.

Hope that helps.

1. michiganman567 profile image83
      michiganman567posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great answer, SERP is what I meant, Im still not very techy even though I try sometimes.

working