jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

My highest rated hub has no comments! Why?!

1. livingabroad profile image79
    livingabroadposted 5 years ago

My highest rated hub has no comments! Why?!

2. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

I haven't yet visited your highest rated hub so can't comment specifically but you ask a valid question - perhaps people have voted up instead of leaving a comment? Or perhaps the hub topic is a little offputting, or in a different style, or not quite cutting the mustard?
    I'm only guessing so please don't take these comments as gospel!
    Comments or lack of them are perhaps as mysterious as a hubscore fluctuating for no apparent reason, which happens at some time to every hubber I suspect.

If you check on all your followers to make sure you're giving sufficient feedback and comments yourself! Make a point of commenting on the next next 10 hubs of your followers and see what happens. Best of luck. I hope you find a satisactory answer.

livingabroadposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi chef-de-jour,

I like your guessing and I think as its rated 90 it may just be cutting the mustard, but don't take it as gospel!

I'd have to agree about hub scores fluctuating, its random to say the least. Thanks for the advice and comment.

3. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

Obviously people liked your hub because they were clicking the thumbs-up button, since we are talking about your highest-rated hub. So give some consideration to the possibility that you are not giving the reader any reason to comment.

Maybe they are so satisfied that they got all the information they needed, and were left with no reason to ask questions or post other comments. Of course that may be a good thing, it means you wrote it well. But it also means that there is no need for further comments. 

You may want to simply ask questions to get your readers involved. Sometimes I end my articles with a phrase something like, "What do you think? "

livingabroadposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advice and putting things into perspective. This makes sense, maybe I'll start making hubs more interactive. It's all trial and error to begin with I suppose!

Thanks for your extended comment much appreciated.

working