jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do Amazon ad bring more money than E-bay?

1. kallini2010 profile image81
    kallini2010posted 5 years ago

Do Amazon ad bring more money than E-bay?

My e-bay ads brought me 11 cents over the period of a few months.  I am wondering whether Amazon is a better option.

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I can't speak to Amazon because it's not available in my state, but I can attest that I make significantly more than 11 cents per week from eBay, so perhaps you may also want to consider your ads placement, do they tie in nicely to the subject matter?  are there too many so people skip over and ignore? I do better on the hubs where I have a couple of very related items, no more than 2 or 3 in the capsule.  Less is definitely more and placement is everything I'm discovering when it comes to ads.

3. moneytoplist profile image61
    moneytoplistposted 5 years ago

I have the same number of Amazon and Ebay ads on my hubs. I have earned something with Ebay (about 1/10 of the HP program), but nothing from Amazon so far.

4. LiamBean profile image87
    LiamBeanposted 5 years ago

In the  course of a year I've earned less than $4.00 from eBay. If this weren't bad enough I find that items listed on Amazon are consistently cheaper than identical items listed on eBay. Typically these items are 5% less than those listed on the auction site.

Taking this into account why would a purchaser buy an eBay item and pay more for shipping, when Amazon offers identical products 5% (or more) percent less than eBay, and often with shipping included?

My immediate answer is they wouldn't.

I have to wonder if eBay will be with us much longer.

Regardless eBay is not a "cash cow," far from it.

5. Twilight Lawns profile image82
    Twilight Lawnsposted 5 years ago

I never signed up for e-Bay as the list of things to register went on and on and on (Yes... and on) and Amazon was like trying to decipher another language.
    So i went just for Adsense, and they waited till I was up to £30 and took the lot away from me.
    Give up, Svetlana, and do what I did.  Go into Lap Dancing and Pole Dancing.  I don't make a lot of money, but I get the exercise.