Will HubPages Questions become like WebAnswers?

1. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Will HubPages Questions become like WebAnswers?

With the addition of the "best answer" option and the questions moving to subdomains, will HubPages questions become like WebAnswers?

2. Outbound Dan profile image97
    Outbound Danposted 5 years ago

With the new emphasis on questions (and answers) I am pretty sure that HubPages is pursuing the traffic from wikianswers and answers.yahoo as well.

The great thing about the HubPages system is that the answers are written by "experts" and are generally a little more comprehensive than you find on most question sites.  I especially like that Hubs created from that question shows up as a link within the answer section. 

Finally, those questions we ask in the middle of the night to the internet, may finally be answered.

3. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

I don't think it will ever become as bad as Webanswers, lol.  I think, like Dan said, that HP is trying to get in on on the Yahoo! Answers cash cow.  Unfortunately, the sheer age and size of Y!A will make it hard for another Q and A site to compete. Unless Y!A gets downgraded by Google, I don't think any other site is every going to reach their level.

Webanswers was trying to imitate Y!A, and it basically went belly up, that site is near dead and it doesn't even show up in Google any more.  Luckily, HP is primarily an article site that does Q&A on the side. Personally, I like the addition of a "Best Answer" option like Y!A has; it motivates people to write better answers which improves the overall quality of the site.  But on the whole, I think if you want to make money with HP your best bet is to focus on writing articles, not posting questions.