Webanswers,com

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    adeaugustusposted 12 years ago

i just joined the website, but it is really working for me as i have made two euros in an hour, and i have spend weeks here and i have just earned 0.64euros. please is anybody else usingthe site, willit contnue like that orit's just a welcome season?

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

well you're doing better than me...hmm

2. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I have made some attempts on this site. However, I find it really parasitic. I answer a question, and shortly someone else comes along and offers a paraphrase of my answer. These usually tend to be long-standing members. I can only assume that they are parachuting in on my answer because they know they will be attributed the revenue instead of me.

1. princess g profile image59
      princess gposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious? Poor you.

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ouch! LOL as a long standing member of Webanswers I can attest to the fact that I do not do this! The fact is that only about 10% of answers get 'awarded' so as long as you have a quality answer (that increases your quality score) then you will earn Google Adsense impressions!

I was very active and have over 4000 answers - now I answer about 10-20 answers a month and still earn at least $50 a month from the site!

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

no one has awarded my answers yet...I'm getting a complex..sad

4. profile image0
    adeaugustusposted 12 years ago

This is what i do, i'll ask a good question, that i know people search alot. You can even check your question phrase with the keyword search, so when i ask the question, i'll do the research to the answer myself! And i will wait for people to give in their little short answers, after some answers of two, the i will answer my question and award it to myself. And it's really working for me.

1. princess g profile image59
      princess gposted 12 years agoin reply to this

great way to get kicked off

1. David 470 profile image81
        David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

LMAO

2. kmackey32 profile image65
        kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

WOW people dont like cheaters

1. profile image0
          adeaugustusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, that was not my motive of doing that, and the point is if i know its cheating i wont be so proud to share it with people, so i dont think am a cheater. But thanks for letting me know that it's against the TOS

5. WriteAngled profile image75

Well, I had an unidentified Adsense click today and am assuming it is the first return from Webanswers, because I have not yet added it into the Adsense url channels to be reported separately.

That's motivating me to carry on, specially since it came to about five times as much as my HubAds payment for yesterday hmm

6. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

I started on webanswers a few weeks ago, and have been awarded about 18 times now, but to be honest I think you earn more if the answer doesn't get awarded to you or anybody. At least my google adsense has at last crossed the payment threshold! now I have to wait to be paid! I like it, but it does get a little bit same ish all the time!

7. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

I have been a member for a few weeks now and have about 4 awarded answers but they are not earning me money. I earn more if it does not get awarded. I also started earning money faster at webanswers then here at hubpages.

8. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

Hey princess g, how are you doing on webanswers?

9. WriteAngled profile image75

I have had a growing suspicion that many of the questions on WebAnswers are not from genuine users.

Today, I found positive proof.

I answered a question from user "joelanna"

"My parents were both born in italy, moved to france and thats where i wz born. Does that make me an italian or french citizen...
    Are there any websites that explains french laws as far as citizenship goes?"

Out of curiosity, I then looked at other questions by this user, and found the following:

"I became an us citizen in '93. i nvr noticed the document says i'm from poland.. but i was born in germany
    I cannot get license issued until this is resolved. can anyone point me in the right direction?"

Obviously it is physically impossible to be born in France and also in Germany.

This concerns me somewhat. For a start, if virtual askers are being generated, it is obvious these questions will never get an answer awarded. More worryingly, could this have a future negative impact on Adsense, etc if these questions are being lifted wholesale from other sites?

1. profile image0
      adeaugustusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I get what you mean, and this is what i think, if questions are auto generated, believe me, it would be more perfect than that, but what i noticed is that, some new users, are anxious to start making money, so they dont really know how the website works, therefore the start asking questions that to me are irrelevants. They think they can earn by asking questions.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)