jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Where do you usually get ideas for Hubs from?

1. internpete profile image91
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Where do you usually get ideas for Hubs from?

Where do you usually get topics and ideas to write about? Do they just pop into your head, or do you have another way to find ideas?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I'm always looking for some kind of information online. I figure that if I am, others could be too. So I just make a Hub out of my own questions.

3. houseofjcjee profile image76
    houseofjcjeeposted 5 years ago

I read news, blogs, and hubs. I also visit other places. They are great sources of ideas for my hubs.

4. FrankieMV25 profile image60
    FrankieMV25posted 5 years ago

I have a lot of ideas that just pop into my head.  They are so random.  Do you need ideas or were you just curious? 

Many times I find things to write about from past experiences, people I meet, things I go through now...just things that I feel come to mind that might help others.  Sometimes I write to ask for advice on something. 

You're never the only one who thinks about what you think of or go through so it's just a matter of getting something out there and someone will eventually come along. :-D

5. Seeker7 profile image94
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I get ideas from just about anywhere. Sometimes they do just pop into my head but I've also had inspiration from very unusal sources - like hearing a conversation on a bus! If you are stuck for ideas then just have a browse and a read through some of the hubs on this site. Or browse around the internet. I've also put into the major search engines a question such as 'good ideas for an article' and it's interesting what helpful sites will pop up to get your creative juices flowing.

6. howlermunkey profile image89
    howlermunkeyposted 5 years ago

I call Miss Cleo. You remember her right?

"So you're thinking real Hard, n ya can't get nuthin down on paper, No Problem!"
    "Wa ya so worried bout? ,Quit your bloodclot cryin and give Miss Cleo a call!"
    "Call me Now!"

7. Ruby H Rose profile image74
    Ruby H Roseposted 5 years ago

From reading questions on Hubpages and other favorite sites.  Also, from reading books.  Walking in nature inspires many thoughts and feelings I want to share.  Doing keyword research helps when I don't know which idea to start with.

Journaling in private until I get past the muck.  When I notice I am finally writing on a topic I have been thinking about, I stop journaling, and go start writing the article.
    Finding topics to me, is the easy part.
    As others have said here, ideas are all over the place, and often I can't keep up with the multitude that churn off the top of my head.  Acting on them is the challenge.

8. cascoly profile image61
    cascolyposted 5 years ago

I'm constantly discovering ideas for new hubs - some I'll write immediately, often in response to a question here.  Most sit for awhile.  I developed a simple tracking system to keep track of all the ideas

http://cascoly.hubpages.com/hub/How-to- … -your-hubs

One of the advantages here is you can prioritize you hubs-in-waiting so something with low priority last month can easily be bumped up if you suddenbly see how to make several related hubs. 

Meanwhile, as I'm reading, online & off, I often have ideas that I can just jot down - sometimes its a few paragraphs, sometimes nothing more than the idea itself.

working