Should I reference other websites I take information from?

1. Bobby Oscar profile image56
    Bobby Oscarposted 5 years ago

Should I reference other websites I take information from?

I would like to write a hub about building doll's houses - it's a subject I'm interested in but I haven't had any direct experience with. There are many websites on the subject that undoubtedly I would have to take bits from information from some of them. My question is if I take parts from different websites should I reference them? Is this considered copying? I notice that very few people reference sources?

Many thanks - the inexperienced hubber.

2. HLKeeley profile image83
    HLKeeleyposted 5 years ago

I write references especially with my stories. My new story is about a wife that murders her husband with soap detergent. I wanted to make sure it was accurate so I googled it. I really hope that the search was not flagged. Anyway, I put the website I found it on with the Hub as well as other websites I find out about Saints (another big portion of my stories) in case people want to know more about it.

If your Hub has everything they need to know, it will not matter that you put your sources. This just shows that your Hub's information is accurate and they can check these other websites to see this.

It is like with a school paper. I am inexperienced as well, but I would not want people taking my information. If I do not source, the information then is my own knowledge through experiences and sources I do not remember.

I hope this helped.

working