jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Who is controlling my account in hubpages?

1. Jynzly profile image73
    Jynzlyposted 5 years ago

Who is controlling my account in hubpages?

I have this response from another hubber; unknown spy 90 minutes ago

yeah.. I learned my lesson..and I have to to take it more than twice to perfect it!!

"hi Jnyzly..your link says: 410. That page doesn't exist."

My hub titles are changed and my new hubs do not appear in public and in the homepage....God! my suspicion is now confirmed. The photo that appear here is the picture I put in my hub "Friendship Over the Years..."

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6241839_f260.jpg

2. nochance profile image94
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

I would strongly recommend changing your passwords. Include letters (uppercase and lowercase), numbers, punctuation, and don't use whole words. If possible create a different password for every website so that if someone gets into one of them they can't get into all of them. This makes your account much harder to hack.

A trick I read somewhere is to come up with a phrase and use the initials from that phrase, then your favorite piece of punctuation, a number, and then a couple letters from the website name so that all of your passwords are different but easy to remember.

Ex. "I went to school in Minnesota", my favorite punctuation is a comma, Number is 17, and hp for hubpages. So the password would be "IwtsiM,17hp" or for facebook "IwtsiM,17fac". (Note: These are not real passwords I use, just examples.)

Jynzlyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is really a perfect answer and what a shame I did not receive a notification for this. Now I am choosing it as best answer. Better late than never.

3. annart profile image85
    annartposted 5 years ago

I've had something similar and am grateful to nochance for giving those suggestions.

Thanks for your response; I had not read the answer of nochance and what a shame, it's been 7 months.

2. annart profile image85
      annartposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've now changed my password so I hope it doesn't happen again!  It's a shame more people haven't replied to this; I'm sure we're not the only ones.

3. Jynzly profile image73

Really a shame, no excuses for me but the truth is, I did not receive a notification that this question was answered so I did not know. If I did I would have commented. I think it's too late to comment now?

4. annart profile image85

Probably not as 'nochance' should get a notification I would have thought, unless there's a time limit on those.  You could always go into that site and comment directly.

5. Jynzly profile image73

I had already commented and selected it as best answer. I think it would be okay.

6. annart profile image85

So I see; that's brilliant!  It's always better late than never.  I'm off to look at your profile now and read a hub or two.  See you!

7. Jynzly profile image73

Thanks a lot. God Bless.

working