jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Is it OK to write a Hub with nothing but links to your own work?

1. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 5 years ago

Is it OK to write a Hub with nothing but links to your own work?

Just wondering.  I read a Hub with nothing but about 25 links to the Hubber's own work.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Only if they are related to the content of the hub...that hub should be flagged. 25 links is a bit much even if it is related.

1. teaches12345 profile image94
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Uninvited, if they are related to the hub, then do post them.  Although it is better to find a way to link them within the hub then to post a high number after your topic.  Great questions, Mary.

3. Insane Mundane profile image60
    Insane Mundaneposted 5 years ago

Internal linking is a very good SEO strategy, however, I wouldn't want my articles to have so many links to other pages that it starts looking like a site map, if that makes any sense.

4. Rebecca2904 profile image79
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

I think it's a good idea for a hub to provide a couple of links to different articles on a similar topic, whether they've been written by the same author or not, so that the reader has easy access to more information. I think that all hubs should stand alone though, and a hub offering nothing but links would not inspire me to click on them - I'll click on links if the writer has interested me in the topic and I want to read further, if not then I'll find my own articles to read.

1. diplorging profile image78
      diplorgingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you, someone will make me click on the link only if I like'd what I've read...

5. Rui Carreira profile image86
    Rui Carreiraposted 5 years ago

Nope.... I'd look out to find it and flag... there is a word to describe hubs like those: SPAM

6. SmartAndFun profile image97
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

I have seen blog posts that are lists of links to an author's Hubpages hubs, kind of like a hubber's table of contents, but posted off-site. That would be an alternative.

1. mary615 profile image92
      mary615posted 5 years agoin reply to this

posted off site would be OK.

7. umeraziz profile image33
    umerazizposted 5 years ago

such links not bring single visit..

writing info rich hubs interests the reader and reader automatically looks for further links.. 2 or 3 links are enuff!

working