jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I'm new to Hubbing, and trying to decide on a good first year goal for monthly i

1. Marc8 profile image61
    Marc8posted 5 years ago

I'm new to Hubbing, and trying to decide on a good first year goal for monthly income. Any thoughts?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Do yourself a favor: keep your expectations low.

I've been here a little over a year and I've earned just about enough to buy a 12 pack of beer. I'm sure there are others who've been here just as long as me, who are better at SEO and networking and backlinking and pimping their stuff all over the Internet, so they're probably raking in more cash than me, but in general you are not gonna get rich from this site and certainly not right off the git-go.

I'm not tryin' to piss in your Cheerios or anything, just sayin'.

3. newcalendar profile image69
    newcalendarposted 5 years ago

I'm aiming for a dollar a day, it doesn't sound much but it's a fair goal I think.

4. Doodlehead profile image78
    Doodleheadposted 5 years ago

I had one hub for about 8 months and it earned I don't know, maybe .,04.   Then I wrote a hub and it got .95 the first day!  After that I was hooked.  I have only 7 hubs and I get maybe .10 a day on average, but I just put Amazon on there, souped up my key words, and I think I can double that this week!   Next goal is 20 hubs.   I plan to focus on those hubs being able to be "forumed" on some forums I go to.  We'll see.   Next month I want .20 a day.  I think I know how to get it.

5. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

I'm not a expert on HubPages by any means but my advice would be to take it month by month for the first 4-6 months, see how things pan out. Don't set any targets until you've got an established core of hubs, a name to go with them and some sort of strategy you can stick to. Say, commit yourself to a hub a week, maybe two. It all depends on how much time you can spend fully focused on this site.

If you can write hubs that are popular and can sustain quality, after 6 months perhaps then you could allow yourself to go for a minimum monthly income and not disappoint yourself too much if you don't achieve it on a regular basis.

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

This is much like the bg expectations of Amway or Kirby vacuums. At first you think you can make a fortune.  It sounds better than it is.  Just write for the love of it.