jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Why is there no revenue from Amazon?

1. discovery2020 profile image86
    discovery2020posted 5 years ago

Why is there no revenue from Amazon?

Been with HubPages almost six months and never made a penny from Amazon.  All revenue comes from HubPages, eBay and Google.  Anyone out there explain why?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

Unless a sale is made and completed from your amazon affiliate link, there will not be any earnings. You can go into your amazon associate account and look at which products are being viewed, which products have been sold, etc, etc, etc. Bottom line, if you don't have a sale, you don't earn any money.

discovery2020posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your comment LS.  Guess I will completely switch to eBay.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I've stopped using Amazon completely. I've never made one penny from them. But, I have from E-bay. I would recommend using 2 E-Bay capsules and leave Amazon alone.

Thanks, JT.  That is exactly what I have done.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome discovery.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image86
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

To make a sale from Amazon your hub has to be directly related to the product you are selling. I have made sales through book reviews and biographies and hubs specifically aimed at Amazon products.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Although your products should relate to your hub, there are those who make sales from those reading your articles or hubs while they are in the Amazon site. I wrote an article which had nothing to do with products sold.

2. discovery2020 profile image86

Thought you might find this interesting.  You and I were discussing a question I had on June 11th in which you found to be self serving.  Ten minutes later, I had a heart attack and wound up with a triple bypass.  Could not resist sharing. Doing fine

5. Greekgeek profile image96
    Greekgeekposted 5 years ago

Three possible reasons:
    1) Hubpages' Amazon capsules are small and not very enticing, so people aren't likely to click on them.
    2) Informational hubs attract people looking for information, not people ready to buy. In general, Hubpages tends to have a lot of informational pages, so that may be the kind of traffic it gets!
    3) Conversions (sales) are hard to get. Just like somebody knocking on your door asking for donations, there's a natural resistance to buying things from random webpages. You have to earn a reader's trust and make them want to click! (Google "How to Get More Sales, Clicks," for some ideas, although not all of them work on Hubpages.)

Unfortunately, I think that the first reason may erode attempts at #3. I make around 100-200 Amazon sales a month, with about a 3% (clicks to sales) conversion rate. But every single one of those Amazon sales came from Associate links on my Squidoo pages! I've yet to get a sale through my Hubpages Amazon ID.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Greekgeek: I have heard that one before.  I am remodeling a duplex.  I needed information to help me decide which type of flooring I want to use, in order to save money, yet not end up with junk, lighting, etc.  Most info came from Squidoo articles.

2. discovery2020 profile image86

Great answer!  I will check out Squidoo.

working