Do you believe large photos at beginning of hub take a long time to load and red

1. brakel2 profile image81
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

Do you believe large photos at beginning of hub take a long time to load and reduce traffic?

Varied opinions exist, but some SEO articles say this is true. However, a competitive site with good ranking uses large pictures at.top of page. Page load time is important for traffic to our pages.  Opinions please.

2. Stephanie Henkel profile image96
    Stephanie Henkelposted 5 years ago

Large graphic files will cause problems loading for people with slower internet service. Since I sometimes have problems with slow service, I can relate. If a site takes too long to load then I just back out of it and go on to something else. 

As writers and hub designers, we NEED those photos and graphics, so we don't want to eliminate them! What we can do is make sure we reduce the size of files so that they load quickly and easily. It's especially important with photographs that we may have taken at a high quality setting on our digital cameras. Reduce size of picture files that are only meant for viewing on the web; you don't need large files unless you will be printing the photograph. Your viewers will appreciate it!

working