jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is there something wrong or just that my Hubs haven't inspired people?

1. billd01603 profile image85
    billd01603posted 5 years ago

Is there something wrong or just that my Hubs haven't inspired people?

I have 240 page views in the past week, but no comments or Feedback. Is there something wrong or just that my Hubs haven't inspired people?

2. Bretsuki profile image80
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

Hello,

No your are not doing anything wrong. I asked a similar question a few months after joining HubPages. I had very few comments at the time and was given some good advice.

Don't worry about feedback and comments for now. Those will come with time. Some people just click throught dozens of hubs, not even reading your work. These still count as views but less than 1% of readers ever comment. So in perspective you might expect only two comments at best from your 200 views.

That advice is now two years old. HubPages has grown but I'd bet the less tthan 1% comment rate has actually decreased to less than half that today.

It can be hard if you want to find feedback. But keep on hubbing and your will find as your hubs increase you will gain comments. It is not that your work is uninspiring it is that readers are lazy and most don't want to even think of leaving you a comment.

All the best. Happy Hubbing.

billd01603posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Bretsuki. I appreciate your input . I feel better that there is not something wrong with my Hubs.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Good information from Bretsuki, and I also think that people coming in from the net are less likely to comment.  They are looking for information on a particular subject and likely don't take the time to comment.  Our Hub family usually does though.

billd01603posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the input Duffsmom

working