jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why would a genuine question be closed to answers by a moderator?

1. Ddraigcoch profile image81
    Ddraigcochposted 5 years ago

Why would a genuine question be closed to answers by a moderator?

I have an issue with my dogs and asked a question about how to stop this behaviour. I thought it was unusual I had not had any help from people here, as I know there are so many animal lovers.
    Why would a question asking for help and to keep dogs safe be closed by a moderator?
    There was nothing inappropriate about the question, no swearing and no explicit language. I do not understand.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I have seen this myself. I don't understand either. But, Someone has to flag the question to get a moderator to look at it.

3. Ddraigcoch profile image81
    Ddraigcochposted 5 years ago

Is there a way to object ? It has not been removed, merely closed. Site is buggy today but that can't be why.
    I have seen someone else's question appear in my feed 5 times, as separate questions. I also can not select comment to your answer here, I have simply had to answer again.
    Some thing is not right at the moment.

4. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

Not that I've been here very long but, when I first started, I never visited the forums for a very long time.  What I learned was that certain types of questions should be posted in the forums rather than the Q/A section. 

I had a question that was closed and I believe it was because it was a hypothetical question. However, I see hypothetical questions all the time so I'm not really sure.

What I would do is just tryo to post the same question but word it differently.

working