jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why are some questions closed by hubpages?

1. rajan jolly profile image90
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Why are some questions closed by hubpages?

2. cmontijo profile image61
    cmontijoposted 6 years ago

I was wondering the same thing, I got no idea rajan

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Sometimes questions are flagged, reviewed, and deemed Inappropriate. However in most instances it is the person asking the question who removes it. I suspect this is often the case when the answers or responses (are not in agreement with the questioner's thoughts). They no longer desire to "follow" the question and also don't want to leave it up for others to read or continue to post answers.

4. brandasaur profile image59
    brandasaurposted 6 years ago

Some questions are being flagged by other members. Hubpages take action on that flagged questions. They also review the questions and if the content is poor or abusive, they close it. I had a question here that they removed/closed down. Heres what the email says:

Dear brandasaur,

Your recent question "Do you want me to follow you? smile" has been removed as substandard.  This includes, but is not limited to, questions that are:

-Difficult to understand
    -Not written in English
    -Not phrased as a question
    -Otherwise unclear

5. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

in too many cases it is because the staff at hubpages doesn't like the question for whatever the reason. it drives me crazy when i answer a question and the next day it has been removed. if the question isn't ignorant or completely perverted, i don't see the problem but hubpages does. it's like having religious fanatics controlling everything.censorship sucks.

6. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I believe that there are certain moderators who are not being careful about what they are doing. A lot of people are blogging about them elsewhere. Eventually it will become obvious who is doing this. It is not good for the profitability of Hubpages to have these kinds of people doing this. I am certain that the owners would not like to see what is really going on because Hubpages needs all the popularity it can get right now since there is so much competition.

7. anemometers profile image60
    anemometersposted 6 years ago

I also don't know. I have seen some really good questions closed from several people. Maybe it is a computer bug or maybe a gang of people who are going round flagging good questions to stop new Hubbers becoming more popular. That would be really sad if it is true. I hope it is a computer bug.

working