jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is hub traffic seasonal?

1. nakmeister profile image82
    nakmeisterposted 5 years ago

Is hub traffic seasonal?

My hub traffic is down at the moment, but not just from Google. I am getting less than half the views I ever have before from other hubbers on my newly published hubs. Anyone else noticed this?

2. WorkAtHomeMums profile image88
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago

You are not alone. Could be a combo of google panda update late July and also the Olympics taking the attention of people. Hang in there. smile

3. Robie Benve profile image98
    Robie Benveposted 5 years ago

I also have half the daily views since last week.
    Beside the nature of sum hubs being seasonal because of their topic, Hubpages views tend to go down during summer, when people stay out a more and go on vacation.
    (I got this info from quantcast.com)
    Hopefully it will pick back up in the fall.

4. jainismus profile image70
    jainismusposted 5 years ago

A part of Hub traffic, but not all the traffic is seasonal, I think.

5. Entourage_007 profile image85
    Entourage_007posted 5 years ago

I definitely see a lot of fluctuation in my traffic, you could say its seasonal.  But sometimes it may be the fact that google is changing its algorithms constantly, which affects traffic.  I have noticed a drop in traffic after the Google Panda Update as well, but sometimes my hubs skyrocket.

6. ThelmaC profile image98
    ThelmaCposted 5 years ago

As far as traffic being seasonal, I think some of it centers around the hub topic.  Travel subjects seem to do well in the summer months for obvious reasons, vacations, etc.  But as far as overall traffic, who knows.  Google is a very fickle beast!

7. Learn Things Web profile image92
    Learn Things Webposted 5 years ago

My traffic was really bad for a couple of months but it's gone up a lot in the last couple of weeks. I write a lot about educational things, so I expect a summer drop. I think it depends on what you write about.