jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How does a hubber get thousands of followers?

1. maddot profile image80
    maddotposted 5 years ago

How does a hubber get thousands of followers?

I've noticed that some hubbers have thousands of followers and I have to say that  I fail to see the the attraction to some.  Sure, there are some hubbers who write well, have done the research and know their topic, but others..well I just can't see how they've managed to attract such interest in their workvwhich seems bland and obvious in its content .."boring" is the word that springs to mind. How do they do it?..I'm envious!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

A lot of people here will 'follow' every Hubber they can find, in the hopes that the person will follow them back in return. I would imagine that you can pile up a pretty decent # of followers that way.

1. profile image0
      rickyliceaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I've seen some people who follow like a dozen people a day, if half of those reciprocate it  quickly adds up.

3. Cliff Mendrez profile image88
    Cliff Mendrezposted 5 years ago

You are right. Not all hub authors with a huge amount of followers are "attractive" in my opinion. It's largely about visibility. Some are seen through the Hub of the Day. Others are featured in the success stories. Then there are those who are active in the forums. Etc.

4. PickingProfits profile image77
    PickingProfitsposted 5 years ago

If you want a ton of followers all you have to do is write about very common, very mainstream stuff that everyone agrees with and everyone likes. If you look on youtube for example, you will see that the people who have the most followers talk about and do stuff that is extremely in demand and mainstream. If you look at channels that talk about antiques and vintage stuff, they will have very few subscribers comparatively...but I enjoy writing and talking about this stuff, and my goal is not to become famous. Write good content and be friendly, you will get lots of subscribers.

5. LaciKomula profile image76
    LaciKomulaposted 5 years ago

I've been trying to boost my followers too.  I've been reading through alot of hubs that I find interesting that also mesh with the types of hubs that I like to write.  Hopefully a few will start to follow me back as well.

6. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 5 years ago

The fan/follower feature was invented about a year after HubPages went public and the people who have the most followers tend to be people who were very active in the community during that first year, so that when the option to be a follower went live, there were a lot of ready-made users who decided to follow that person.

Stay active on the site for many years and followers have a tendency to just accrue.