What is the best way to get views?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. nikkiraeink profile image61
    nikkiraeinkposted 5 years ago

What is the best way to get views?

I've been on HubPages for four years and still haven't had 3,500 views. What gives? I hub hop, follow other hubbers, share hubs, and try commenting as much as possible but I'm still not seeing results. Any advice?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Be sure to advertise your Hubs on Adsense, Facebook, Pinster, Stumbleupon, Google+1, etc. You have to get your Hubs out there for people to come and view them. Good luck!! smile

3. e-five profile image97
    e-fiveposted 5 years ago

Use Twitter and Facebook.  Both of those platforms are great for small social interaction and accumulating a lot of friends and followers.  You can share your longer-form thoughts on your Hubs with your Twitter and Facebook community, and encourage them to discuss.

4. internpete profile image89
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

I get 70-80% of my traffic from Google and other search engines. I wrote about 6 hubs 3 years ago, and then stopped using hp for awhile. Several of these hubs do well in search engines now and I get double digit views daily for 3-4 of them. I have gone back and edited some of them, adding new information and optimizing for certain keywords and have seen traffic to these hubs double easily. My other hubs that I have written in the last 2-3 months are also starting to pick up a lot of search engine traffic.

So, I would strongly recommend writing hubs that will do well in search engines. Also consider going back and editing hubs that might not be doing well. There are plenty of resources here on hp that go into how to write evergreen hubs, but basically I try to write at least 1000 words, use Google Adwords Keyword tool to check for keywords and earning potential, check Google search results to see how competitive it is, and also use social media to promote/ provide backlinks to help get my hubs ranked high quickly.

it is also good to have nice formating in hubs, links to other hubs, and plenty of related pictures.

Hope this helps and gives you a few ideas!

5. Anonymous00 profile image69
    Anonymous00posted 5 years ago

I would say always keep in mind 'content is king' I'd think the trick is valuable content, at regular intervals, plus utilizing available social networks and social bookmark resources to their full potential,  and always to your immediate and direct advantage. So long as you aren't breaching the rules of engagement. The tools and resources are there to help you provided you are willing to utilize them diligently. Even painstakingly if it is required. Maybe veteran users could contribute a much more sophisticated insight, and elaborate more accurately as to the intricacies of facilitating and up-keeping a higher level of  self sufficiency. But my sole impressions thus far would suggest, it's almost like building an online portfolio of sorts. I would think having an acknowledged command of each and every aspect, understanding how those "resources" work together to play in your favour, and moreover, how you would intertwine them to suit your specific objectives, would only be of aid in helping improve the stability and value of your 'personal portfolio' in the short as well as the long run. Delivering better results, at a faster rate, and potentially resulting in greater and more noticeable progress all together.

6. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

Write more hubs. After 4 years you only have 27. I've notice that some of my hubs get pretty high views every day, some get very low views or none on most days. Then there are those in the middle that get little surges of views. The more of them you have, the fewer really low days you have, because some surge while other slump. Try a challenge. Someone's suggested a 7 hubs in 7 days challenge if 30 in 30 sounds like too much. The social aspect of hubbing can really only get you so far.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)