Why might a hub be dramatically reduced in Google search ranking overnight?

1. Spitfire07 profile image79
    Spitfire07posted 5 years ago

Why might a hub be dramatically reduced in Google search ranking overnight?

Any idea why, as of Thursday July 26th 2012, my hubs have been knocked to the bottom of google search?

Is this an issue with hubpages or with my hubs? Many of my hubs were listed on first or second page then overnight they have all been knocked off the face of the earth. In fact the links to my pages now rank higher than my pages themselves. It happened to all of my hubs and traffic has dropped by over 90% sad

2. Judi Bee profile image98
    Judi Beeposted 5 years ago

There was a Google update around that date - check this forum thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/101562 , Marye Audet gives a link to a site where you can check updates against traffic fluctuations.

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

That sounds like a Panda update.  Google runs its Panda algorithm about once a month and assigns your whole sub-domain a score, based on your poorest quality Hubs.

So take a look at your account.  Did you publish any new Hubs during the previous month?  Could any of them be considered poor quality?     If not, it may just be that the Panda algorithm has been revised again (Google do that continually), and it's found something in your Hubs that it wasn't checking before.

working