jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I see a new change ! What purpose do the like and share buttons serve on the que

1. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

I see a new change !
    What purpose do the like and share buttons serve on the questions & answers?

2. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

I'm new here, but two days ago when there were the (+1) buttons, I as well as another writer got a (-1) although neither of us had insulted anyone or used improper language. I posed a question to this on that page and the next day I saw the new buttons. Perhaps it's to try provoke friendlier and fairer responses (?).

1. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That was very observant and I suspect you are right. I had failed to notice the number counters had disappeared, which by their nature possibly influenced other answers.

3. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I don't really see how the thumbs up button does anything. It has no number, so no real indicator of how your answer is doing.

4. flashmakeit profile image71
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I think the like and share buttons are for questions people are intensely interested in and the answer where informative or amusing so they wanted to share the question with other people they thought may feel the same way.  I have found questions that where packed with information.

5. ChristyWrites profile image81
    ChristyWritesposted 5 years ago

There were share buttons in the old format of the Q&A as well. They were less noticeable though because they were directly under the question rather than being at the right-hand side.

Occasionally I share my Questions on Twitter to bump up reads of the page, if my Followers relate to the topic.