jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it me or is the Hubpages photo cropping tool unsatisfying and frustrating to

1. Barnsey profile image79
    Barnseyposted 5 years ago

Is it me or is the Hubpages photo cropping tool unsatisfying and frustrating to say the least?

I mean really.

2. nochance profile image91
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Are you talking about for profile pictures? If so then yes. It took me a week and a half of trying and several attempts at resizing my photo in other programs thinking that might help, and trying in two different internet browsers before I finally got my new profile picture cropped correctly. Way too much hassle for such a simple thing. No wonder many users either don't have a profile picture or stick with one that they uploaded originally that is probably bad.

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

It has taken me over three days to figure out just that. Anyway what finally worked for me is I changed my photos to Adobephotoshop and adjusted the size of the picture. Then I tried the photo cropping here again and finally got the photos up there!

4. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I'm so glad you asked this question.  I tried for about an hour to resize my photo to get my ugly mug included  in the photo.  This is the best I could do.  I can crop photos in my Picassa program easily, but not on my profile page.  I even tried cropping and saving the cropped photo, then uploading that photo.  That didn't work either.  Yes, I was frustrated.  There has to be a better way!

5. profile image0
    Domenick Dicceposted 5 years ago

Yes.
    Although I love Hubpages, their photo programs need a drastic upgrade. Cropping is a nightmare, resizing is a joke, and placement is very limited. Even finding old pictures to reused again is a nightmare.
    I tend to do all my editing on my computer and then just load it in when I am done. I try to minimize what I need from Hubpages' picture programs as much as possible.

working