jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Do you approve of Hubpages now sharing how many people you are following, and wh

1. Steve Orion profile image78
    Steve Orionposted 5 years ago

Do you approve of Hubpages now sharing how many people you are following, and who?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I'm not fond of that change at all and am considering not following any other users so that who I am a fan of becomes private again.

Steve Orionposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, did you do it that often before the change, really!? Haha, I kid!

It is interesting, though. I wonder if some people will be dissuaded from following a Hubber due to said Hubber not following many? They could only be looking for reciprocation.

3. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 5 years ago

I wasn't aware of this, but I don't care all that much.  I'm here to grow intellectually, and I follow people who have perked my interest, whether it be an ideologically opposite, or a person who likes to go against conventional wisdom.

Look at my followers.  Look at how many people I follow.  I don't even know the answer to the latter!  I just don't see exactly why knowing this information is relevant to following me or reading my hubs.

Steve Orionposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Aha, well that is due to the change being optional, for now. Your profile has yet to be "upgraded." But yours is an ideal mindset, and many others do not hold the same. Anyway, see my comment on the first answer.

4. LetitiaFT profile image83
    LetitiaFTposted 5 years ago

I don't approve at all. Right now (I haven't made the change and won't until I'm absolutely forced to) even I don't know how many people I follow , I'd have to count.
    I think it's fine that HP provides that information about a new follower in the email norification because it can help you to determine whether the person is genuinely interested in your work or is just speculating on gaining new followers for themselves. However I'm convinced that providing that information on the profile page can negatively impact a person's decision to follow, and I for one will consider UNfollowing people depending on the figures that show on my new profile once I have been drug scratching and biting by force into it.

5. afriqnet profile image49
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

I don't think this has any negative effect on the overall view of your profile. I think its also a good way for them to motivate Hubbers into writing quality Hubs so that they can earn high number of followers in comparison to who they are following.

6. DS Duby profile image94
    DS Dubyposted 5 years ago

Well since I could honestly care less who follows me on hubpages, I don't think it make a bit of difference, I get my views from Google and bing for the most part and I don't think they care who is following me. But I guess if your work depends on other hubbers to get views it could be a deterrent.

7. umbertoobrian profile image60
    umbertoobrianposted 5 years ago

I think it is a good idea, it makes it much easier to find people we may be interested in following.  It is a good way to find hubs that may interest us since people tend to share and follow common interests.

8. profile image0
    KDuBarry03posted 5 years ago

I don't think it truly matters how many people you follow or how many people you are following. I actually prefer the openness because other places like YouTube, Twitter, and even Facebook shows how many people you follow, friends with, subscribed to, etc. I think it's a step in a great direction.

working