jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How many people can you follow on Hubpages before getting in trouble?

1. Pagelift profile image60
    Pageliftposted 7 years ago

How many people can you follow on Hubpages before getting in trouble?

2. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

I can tell you easily that your current behaviour - or excessive following in the past few minutes - won't do good for your personal HubScore.

It's so obvious that you don't care about the people that you're following - you're just following anyone. Many of them joined recently and they have published no more than a few hubs, not always the best candidates to follow or learn from.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

You can follow as many as you want to follow.  However, it is not a contest to see how many you can follow.
    Following should be for those you wish to read again because you have found their work informative, interesting or entertaining.

Those who go on "fanning sprees", adding as many people as possible in hopes that the favor will be returned, are often not highly thought of. It might lower your hubscore if you seem to be fanning excessievly with no particular reason. I have seen one hubber who fanned literally many hundreds of people, for several days in a row, with no other activity. He was banned at some point.

Following  hundreds of people is not really helpful to you in itself.
    Reading the work of others and making good comments is.

4. Pagelift profile image60
    Pageliftposted 7 years ago

Thanks for shedding some light on this subject, this makes more sense now.

I'm sure this is a question floating through some other newcomer's heads too that want to start getting recognized on Hubpages. Now I understand that when it comes to following people, quality comes before quantity.

Thanks!

5. trecords0 profile image59
    trecords0posted 6 years ago

I just wrote a hub about this sort of stuff this morning.  here's the link http://trecords0.hubpages.com/hub/The-New-Internet it talks about all of the ways I used to think about what the internet was.  Now it's different.

working