jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does adding a new photo to an old hub bring more views?

1. Mom Kat profile image81
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

Does adding a new photo to an old hub bring more views?

Sometimes we don't have a picture that goes with the hub we write when we write it.  If you have a hub that is months, or even years old with no photo and then you add a photo to it; does it help bring in more page views?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Yes, in the general sense, the answer is definitely "yes."

It is a very good idea to look at old hubs and think about how to make them more attractive or otherwise more effective, and adding a better picture or adding a picture where there was none - freshens up the page.

The bots crawl the page, they see fresh content, and suddenly Google ranks the page up a bit.

3. lannm profile image61
    lannmposted 5 years ago

Yes, yes it does. I have had several people I know that our Hubbers and they say that sometimes tweeking a photo or using the title tuner really helps.

4. moonlake profile image92
    moonlakeposted 5 years ago

If I add a new photo or just redo a hub. I always then put it in  webmaster tools and add a new site. I just changed photos yesterday because I found a better one than I had on my hub.

5. rancidTaste profile image62
    rancidTasteposted 5 years ago

If the photo is really relevant to the hub then it may brings much good views

6. Stephen Govoni profile image60
    Stephen Govoniposted 5 years ago

This is actually really helpful to know.  Thanks for asking a great question!