jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Should I upgrade to the new profile?

1. sparkster profile image93
    sparksterposted 5 years ago

Should I upgrade to the new profile?

I know we will all be upgraded eventually anyway, but I'm wondering will it be of any benefit to upgrade early (search engines, etc) rather than upgrading later and suffering with potential issues?

2. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I upgraded and really like it.  I haven't noticed any difference in traffic to hubs because of it or anything.  The only downfall is if you have any links in your current profile, they will be deactivated.  A link to your website is allowed, but it is mixed in with the social media icons at the top.  I really dislike that aspect of it, however the rest of the new profile is fantastic.  You can choose which hubs to highlight and the profile is much more visual.  If you have good images to go with your hubs, it makes it very enticing to click on hubs to view them.  There are also hub summaries now - another way to entice people to view more of your work. 

Overall, with the exception of the links being deactivated - I really do like it.

1. sparkster profile image93
      sparksterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I took a look at yours and then thought I may aswell upgrade anyway, so I did.

2. ChristinS profile image94
      ChristinSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Just checked it out - I like it smile your hub pics are great so I think the new profile will work well for you.

working