jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How does one lose money on a Hubpages account.

1. flacoinohio profile image77
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

How does one lose money on a Hubpages account.

I checked my account earlier this morning and I had earned .39 cents, this amount has been showing for the past three days,   I just checked my earnings  before I posted this question and I have lost two cents.  I am just curious on how this was possible?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

If the amount has an asterisk beside it, it means that your earnings are estimated and could still be adjusted. Usually it only adjusts by a few cents.

3. noosepaper profile image74
    noosepaperposted 5 years ago

It might have been possible that the money was still pending. It will often remain pending for several days. For example, today's the 13th and I just got a finalized amount for the 6th, which actually increased by three cents.
    I think they give you an estimate (when the asterisk is next to the amount you made) and then actually submit your real earnings days later.

4. Conservative Lady profile image74
    Conservative Ladyposted 5 years ago

Same thing happened to me, I lost 3 cents in a matter of one day. Thanks for asking this important question.

5. flacoinohio profile image77
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

No asterisks on what I have earned, only on what is pending.  There were no asterisks for the past three days.

6. UnnamedHarald profile image98
    UnnamedHaraldposted 5 years ago

Yeah, I lost 2 cents too. It happens occasionally. Also might rise a pence or two. But it only happens to recent days. You won't see any change to amounts that are locked in-- say five or six days ago.

working