jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Are there certain types of questions you skip in the Q&A?

1. cactusbythesea profile image87
    cactusbytheseaposted 5 years ago

Are there certain types of questions you skip in the Q&A?

Although I have plenty of opinions, I rarely answer any religious or political questions here in the Q&A.  Some of those questions seem to be asked just to spark controversy and do not actually encourage a respectful debate.

2. nanderson500 profile image83
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

Yeah, I mostly avoid the questions regarding controversial topics.

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

I agree with you cactusbythesea. I've answered a few about God, but after that there are so many that it just becomes silly and without true meaning. I would say generally, if a question seems to my mind fruitless I don't bother.

4. Laura in Denver profile image79
    Laura in Denverposted 5 years ago

I avoid ambiguous questions or stupid ones that a few google searches could reveal.

5. naeemebrahimjee profile image75
    naeemebrahimjeeposted 5 years ago

I avoid questions where people are vague or don't provide enough information to answer the question.

I try to only click on questions which i instantly know the answer, and i know i can elaborate on it.

it's all about my knowledge on the question that effects my willingness to answering it; not the topic of the question.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I avoid repeated questions the most. Within a week, I saw three different questions that all asked why fifty shades of grey was popular. Apparently, none of them thought to search for the question first. I also avoid questions that are obviously trying to get search views (What are the ten best movies in X genre and why?) or ones that sound like students struggling with an essay topic (Can you explicate the relationship between George and Lenny in Of Mice and Men?). I want questions where the author genuinely cares about the answers.

7. Rosie writes profile image86
    Rosie writesposted 5 years ago

I stay away from philosophical questions, as I reserve those conversations for close friends and family.  You really can't find the answer to those types of questions in a forum; those are life-long learning experiences and our views and beliefs change or evolve throughout our lives.

8. sriparna profile image82
    sriparnaposted 5 years ago

I have always avoided questions related to God and Jesus Christ, quite a few coming up these days. Spirituality is very private to a person's life, why trigger bad blood in a community? Also the questions which are made just for the sake of asking, just to increase the number of questions maybe, I usually avoid them.