jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Does writing a summary improve search engine traffic?

1. jonhaus profile image47
    jonhausposted 5 years ago

Does writing a summary improve search engine traffic?

I have written a sumary for many of my hubs, but the two best performing I never have. Is there any benefit in writing a summary?

2. gorilla24 profile image71
    gorilla24posted 5 years ago

No, it doesnt help improve your search engine traffic but it does make it look more professional. It gives the reader an idea of what your article is about. I dont always  write a summary, If I write about something I want to be viewed and regarded as quailty then I will write one. I wont write one if I write a jibber jabber hub because im just expressing myself. But if you decide to write one,  make sure it is a quality summary becasue the summary is your first impression, and may be the deciding factor on whether your material gets read or not.

3. sportsfather profile image61
    sportsfatherposted 5 years ago

The summary does show up as a description under your Hub title when you do a google search.  So it can give someone who is doing a search a little more info than just your hub title.  Other than that, I'm not sure if it bumps it up in the search results or not.  I'm guessing the Googlebot scans it for keywords no different than your title or the content of the hub.

4. Anonymous00 profile image70
    Anonymous00posted 5 years ago

I tend to write summaries for all my hubs. Due to the fact that if it is to display in a search engine, even as a description or a synopsis, it probably could give the viewer a higher chance of actually clicking through to the link. If they are able to search, and read on the immediate page that they are viewing, the details regarding what your link is about, the odd's are greater that they will navigate to your page. At least this is what I would think. Because even personally, I tend to search for subjects and have a greater likelihood to browse to pages that include accurate descriptions rather than unappealing captions or on the other hand, nothing at all.

1. Rusti Mccollum profile image75
      Rusti Mccollumposted 5 years agoin reply to this

interesting hub!

5. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

i had written summary of the hub in most of my hubs but doesn't seems to help. I find that backlinks helps a lot .