jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How does a Hub Become a Hub of the Day?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

How does a Hub Become a Hub of the Day?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Staff chooses the hubs of the day.  They have to be well written hubs and should include proper spelling and grammar and the use of many different types of capsules.  If it's directions on how to do something, it should have good illustrations/photos of the process.  Hubs of the day tend to be entirely original and contain unique photos or at least properly attributed photos.  They are well organized and assembled in an easy to read fashion.

1. carol7777 profile image90
      carol7777posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That really answers the question completely.

2. Faceless39 profile image94
      Faceless39posted 5 years agoin reply to this

In theory, yes, but I have yet to see a "Hub of the Day" with proper spelling and grammar.  The formatting is usually poor, but the substance is usually good, and the images are virtually always taken by the author.

3. zsobig profile image81
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

I can help you with my example, one of my hubs (http://zsobig.hubpages.com/hub/The-cool … r-Teachers) became HOTD on the 10th this month smile.
    I was very happy and I guess it was chosen because of the (hopefully) well-written content, its good English, the pictures with correct attributions, many and fitting capsules - including the Amazon capsule with products that have a few sentences with my description; and it has a pleasant outlook overall.
    I guess these are the most important values that make a hub good enough to be chosen. Though I think you need a huge amount of luck, too smile.
    Good luck!