jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What time zone does HubPages work on?

1. JakeFrost profile image59
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

What time zone does HubPages work on?

It's 2am here in the UK (GMT-0) but HP still thinks it's yesterday. What timezone are they on. I assumed it would be GMT or are they just delayed?

2. Glenn Stok profile image100
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

HubPages is based in San Francisco, California. The time zone there is Pacific Time, which is eight hours earlier than GMT.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Hubpages.com headquarters is located in San Fransico,Ca .That is Pacific standard time,which is about a 16 hour difference.

4. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image77
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 5 years ago

I'm going with Glenn Stok on this one. The United Kingdom is eight hours ahead of California's Pacific time zone. Also note that every year for one week there is a seven hour difference. This happens due to the American daylight saving time adjustment which happens one week prior to the UK time zone adjustment.

5. Doc Snow profile image95
    Doc Snowposted 5 years ago

Pacific time; they are based in California.  That's GMT-8, if I've got it right.

6. alvairs profile image62
    alvairsposted 5 years ago

San Francisco, C.A. (Pacific Time), where hub pages is based.

7. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 5 years ago

I agree with  alvairs, Pacific time definitely

8. JamaGenee profile image86
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

At 2am in the UK, it IS still "yesterday" at HP headquarters in California.  The time difference between the U.S. and the UK actually works quite well for those of us on this side of the Pond, since late at night, before going to bed, one can check in with UK friends who are just getting up.  I'm perfectly comfortable with this aspect, but have never been able to get my head around that when it's 11pm in my time zone, it's already late afternoon tomorrow in Australia, Japan and the South Pacific! ;D