jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who reads my hubs when they aren't published?

1. Lwelch profile image92
    Lwelchposted 5 years ago

Who reads my hubs when they aren't published?

I know some of the hits are me, but I know I haven't viewed the page 48 times in one day, so where do the hits come from before a hub is published?

2. moonlake profile image91
    moonlakeposted 5 years ago

That's strange 48 times before it was published. I have never had that happen when doing a hub.

3. luisj305 profile image85
    luisj305posted 5 years ago

I have seen it happen before, but not that high. Maybe 2-3 hits within a couple of days. I know the hubscore goes up and down before hubs are even published so I just figure it might be Hubpages crawling around, that's all I can think of.

4. kittyjj profile image71
    kittyjjposted 5 years ago

It counts as one view each time you edit your hub and save it.  I have sent the similar question to Hubpages before and the answer from them was they don't read hubs that aren't published.  If for sure you didn't edit your hub for 48 times, then you might want to bring the attention to Hubpages staff because it might be caused by some bugs.

5. JoanCA profile image87
    JoanCAposted 5 years ago

Hubpages has enough to deal with keeping an eye on published hubs. They aren't going to be interested in unpublished hubs. I have some that aren't published yet and they only get hits from the days I actually work on them.

6. Miranda Birt profile image75
    Miranda Birtposted 5 years ago

Yes, each time you edit your hub or look at it, it counts as a view. It's definitely something to think about before publishing, and you may want to keep track of how many times you "viewed" your own hub!

7. The Invincible profile image59
    The Invincibleposted 5 years ago

Nobody except the author itself could view his creation several times. If you show some clicks on your Hub, it's you who view it every time to edit and save...

However, if your views are more than usual, you might want to get in touch with the Hub Pages moderators.