jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Have you had a hub that started to get more organic traffic right away than HP r

1. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Have you had a hub that started to get more organic traffic right away than HP readers?

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing or has experienced high organic traffic for any of their hubs within a few hours or days of being published, more so that they would get HP readers. Most hubs tend to get a blast from within the site and trickle of outside traffic, then the HP traffic would die down and the organic traffic would slowly increase until it I sseasoned. But some hubs seem to just hit the big time right away. Any one experience this?

2. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Yes, a few of my hubs have received more organic traffic than hp traffic just after publishing them.  One of them was a hub about a current event, so it was no surprise it got a lot of traffic. But a few of my other hubs that were more evergreen oriented have gained organic traffic very quickly (within days).

It is possible that there is little credible information showing up on google for certain keywords, so when you write a hub using those keywords, you quickly reach the first page of google. Or it could be something else entirely. Either way, it is a nice surprise to see a hub picking up organic traffic so quickly!

Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is a wonderful when that happens but it makes me nervous as I often wonder if it's a fluke...lol

3. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I actually was thinking about this because I have a hub that recently did that.  I didn't do anything different promotion wise than I normally do, but I noticed the traffic stayed high for a few days.   I looked at my stats and it was almost all Yahoo and Bing traffic - that's never happened before. 

I think it's really cool of course smile - but yeah, why with this one and not others? lol

The only other hub I had do this went viral a bit on Pinterest, but this recent one was all Yahoo and Bing.  Interesting.

Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have noticed the newest of my hubs started getting Yahoo and Bing traffic within a few hours of publishing as well.

4. profile image96
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 5 years ago

I actually had this yesterday to one of the hubs I published. It has not happened to me before, so I am not sure if it is a fluke. That said I am happy and am hoping it continues. I always get a burst of hub pages traffic after publishing a new hub which quickly dies down, leaving organic traffic. Hopefully this new hub continues with this level of organic traffic, fingers crossed smile

working