jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Are Pinterest users mainly interested in images rather than content?

1. Learn Things Web profile image92
    Learn Things Webposted 5 years ago

Are Pinterest users mainly interested in images rather than content?

Some of my hubs have several Pinterest pins. But I don't seem to get very much traffic from there. It seems like many Pinterest users are interested in the images but not the content behind them. Do you think Pinterest users are mainly interested in cool images? Has it brought traffic to your hubs?

2. Greekgeek profile image94
    Greekgeekposted 5 years ago

Yep. Pinterest is a site where people share cool pictures they've discovered. The picture is copied to Pinterest, giving the users no reason to come to your hub -- they've already seen the cool picture!

There are exceptions, and I know some people have managed to attract some Pinterest traffic, but the basic concept of Pinterest is an image sharing site where the images are shared and viewed on Pinterest. So, naturally, that's Pinterest members' default behavior. You've gotta do something exceptional to tempt them to visit (say, the Pin's caption promises five amazing tips on the source article, or a whole gallery of similar cool pictures).

1. Learn Things Web profile image92
      Learn Things Webposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the response. That's what I've started to suspect with Pinterest. From what I understand, it's no follow so the site doesn't provide backlinks either.

3. lambservant profile image93
    lambservantposted 5 years ago

Without a doubt it's all about images. I think probably the only exception might possible be recipes, but not much.

4. boundarybathrooms profile image93
    boundarybathroomsposted 5 years ago

I see absolutely no traffic from Pinterest. I pinned my 'keeping your kids safe in the bathroom' hub on there and it was shared quite a few times, but this was solely because the picture I use for it (a baby in the bath) was seen as cute so people shared it to 'cute' boards etc. No-one actually clicked on it though, as far as I can tell.

As lambservant said recipes are probably different, but I wouldn't expect much traffic for other things (you could probably get a few from how to make crafts, with a pin of the finished product).

working