jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

I've got an etiquette question

1. robie2 profile image97
    robie2posted 10 years ago

I posted a short new hub on the about English and American language differences about an hour ago. It's not a heavy or serious piece with serious references, but in it I put external links and links to three other hubs which relate to the subject.  It never occured to me to ask permission from the other hubbers before I did it.  Should I have? and if so what do I do now-- is there an established author etiquette on this?

1. Inspirepub profile image79
      Inspirepubposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about established ettiquette, but in general traffic is good, so links from other Hubs are good, and I certainly wouldn't mind if it were me you were linking to!

2. profile image0
    IĆ°unnposted 10 years ago

I think most people see it as a good deed and a kindness.  I don't usually ask permission because I assume so and I know I'm always thrilled when someone chooses to link to one of my hubs.

I can't speak for everyone, however, but the logic is that if it gets them more hits, they probably appreciate it.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What she said big_smile

3. robie2 profile image97

whew--thanks all of you for the quick response and for easing my mind.  I was pretty sure nobody would mind, but thought I'd better check--don't want to make a "hub-gaffe" smile

4. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 years ago

Another Hubber recently included a link to one of my Hubs and I was thrilled to bits.  It's a compliment, after all.

5. helenathegreat profile image83
    helenathegreatposted 10 years ago

I would let the other hubber know, though.  I would LOVE to know if someone linked to me!

6. robie2 profile image97

ok--will do that--thanks.