jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why do some hubs mostly get Hubpages traffic and other hubs Google traffic?

1. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

Why do some hubs mostly get Hubpages traffic and other hubs Google traffic?

Why does this happen? It seems some hubs are more popular with Hubpages community, but don't get good traffic with Google, and some have barely any Hubpages views, but score good with Google.

2. zsobig profile image82
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

I guess this mostly depends on the fact that your followers read that hub the most and it is not yet in the first few search results/pages on Google.
    Also, the hub that gets more HP traffic than Google hits can be 'promoted' by other hubbers. With this I mean that they link their content to yours, possibly through the 'Suggest links' option. Or, HubPages itself offers your hub in the 'Discover more hubs' section on the end of some hubs.
    Additionally, according to my experiences in the last few weeks Google produces much less hits to our hubs than before and Yahoo and bing is getting more successful with this.
    No matter which is the reason, enjoy the growing interest in your hubs, this is the best sign to know you are good and your content is interesting/useful enough wink.
    Good luck!

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

It's often to do with who is interested in reading about that topic.  If it's not something that appeals to the world at large, you may wind up with mainly internal traffic.  Writing about HubPages itself also tends to draw more readers from within the community.

4. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

We learn a lot about this in the Apprenticeship Program. The reasons have to do with the fact that what makes a hub popular for HubPages readers is simply very different from what makes a hub visible on Google.

To be found on Google, you want good organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which means a title, keywords, summary, and main headings in your hubs that contain phrases that Google's analysis tools will match to search phrases that are often used.

None of that matters on HubPages, where your followers will see you, and people searching the category for your hub will see you.

Also, readers on Google are looking for answers to questions. Readers on HubPages are also writers. They are looking for stimulation, interesting ideas, and community.

A good analogy might be this: Articles that do well on Google are like the books that make popular best-seller lists: catchy titles and a good read. Articles that are read and appreciated by Hubbers are like books that win literary awards. More depth, less catchy.

1. MargaritaEden profile image74
      MargaritaEdenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is true, I didn't think about that, thank you.