jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What do the Z's under the featured heading on your account page mean?

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

What do the Z's under the featured heading on your account page mean?

2. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 5 years ago

Hi Luis.
    If you hold your pointer on the "Z" it will explain all about your hub not being visited to often and that may be you should edit them.

1. teaches12345 profile image94
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ghaelach's answer is right on.. it means your post is not being visited.  Adding new content, photos,quiz, chart, editing, etc. will help boost the search engine on it.

3. xanzacow profile image71
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

I just noticed them on two of my hubs that get very little traffic and was going to raise the same question. Should we delete these hubs? Or perhaps edit and try to improve?

1. profile image0
      Ghaelachposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You'd be better editing them with changed content and may be a new title.

4. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

On your accounts page look at the note at the top and click on the links in it. That will give you further information. The Zzz means that hub has been put on "Idle"--not put out to Google. It explains there the reason why, too.

5. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

It means, those hubs are dormant, not getting enough traffic. It also means that these hubs are probably not indexed by search engines.

Read about it here:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Feat … -Idle-Hubs

6. LillyGrillzit profile image79
    LillyGrillzitposted 5 years ago

There is a new blog post from Paul Edmondson regarding the Idle Hub.

After reading the blog post this morning, I went to "my account", and have already updated a few of them.

I found just what Paul Edmondson indicated, that these are Hubs that have not been updated in a while.

The blog does not indicate that these will be kept from Google Search, but that they probably have not been reaching Google Search, and this will breathe new life, or be cause for burial. (Depends on the author).

If you write unique content, with good quality, I would say, do not delete these, but simply visit and give them some love.

It is good to re-check your tags, and summary.

Another good thing that has occurred with the Idle Hub action, is that it gave me a chance to re-do the summary, tags, on older Hubs, and found that a couple of Hubs fit better in an altered Catagory.

Happy Awakening!

The Z's could be parallelled to sleeping - Not Dead.

1. profile image0
      writeronlineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"The Z's could be parallelled to sleeping - Not Dead"
      I think that's Stage two, Lilly. When we see a fishes symbol alongside the sleeping zzz's....

7. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

They mean that particular Hub is idle. I was wondering myself when I logged in today.