jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Do you ever vote hubs down or do you just sigh and skip over them?

1. Lwelch profile image94
    Lwelchposted 5 years ago

Do you ever vote hubs down or do you just sigh and skip over them?

2. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

The staff have never actually indicated what the up/down buttons influence. Many people think they do little or nothing. I either share, comment, click "useful", "funny" etc or flag if there is an issue.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not true.  Admin has said that the up/down buttons have a very small effect on HubScores.

2. WryLilt profile image91
      WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ok. So it still applies? Have seen mention it doesn't even do that anymore. Although since hubs bounce around in a 10 point category any hubscore change is worthless anyway!

3. Thundermama profile image90
    Thundermamaposted 5 years ago

I do occassionally of the hub is poorly written but not offensive or overtly selling something.

Lwelchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

From the answers so far, that seems to be a common thread.  I feel bad flagging and voting down but there are some sites that need help...

4. WritingPrompts profile image74
    WritingPromptsposted 5 years ago

I usually pass, unless the hub is truly terrible in terms of "over-promotional".

5. TripleAMom profile image85
    TripleAMomposted 5 years ago

I will vote down if the hub is very poorly written or a short hub for promotional purposes only, but I don't do it often.

I agree with the not often - although the last few days I have run into quite a few "downers".

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I try very hard to be fair and not to become offended over content.  Although I admit certain hubs that attack politicians or advocate something I am profoundly against are difficult for me to be objective over.

I will vote down an hub that is poorly written, bad grammar, and really bad punctuation and spelling.  Those things are a part of being a writer and someone who aspires to write should work to perfect the craft.

It takes a lot for me to be offended.  I think a recent ad on google that was here was the worst I have seen - the hubs have all been fine though.  Seen some bad ones in other ways though!

7. The Invincible profile image60
    The Invincibleposted 5 years ago

I have found myself Voting Down a Hub only when it is cluttered with text. I recently read one of about 1000 words without any formatting and pictures. It's hard to go through those kind of hubs.

Ugh yes!  I feel like quality has been increasing but I still find ones like that.  Maybe idle hubs and the new hopper will cure that.

8. nanderson500 profile image87
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

If there are myriad spelling and grammar errors, or if it's just spam, then I'll vote it down.

9. Rosyel Sawali profile image66
    Rosyel Sawaliposted 5 years ago

Thankfully I have not chanced upon any hubs that are worthy of being voted down. ^_^

Such luck!  What's your secret?

10. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I vote down hubs that are nothing but disguised advertising. One I voted down a few weeks ago was just the logo of the company and nothing else.

Other hubs have been voted down for containing information that I knew was inaccurate or was incomplete.  Hubs that cover a subject I know nothing about and have little or no interest in, will be skipped. Most of the Hubs I read in the Hub Hopper get a decent or good rating.

wow.  Just a logo.  I haven't seen one of those yet!

working