What do you think is the best way to use the Featured Hub in the new profile?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Learn Things Web profile image91
    Learn Things Webposted 11 years ago

What do you think is the best way to use the Featured Hub in the new profile?

Do you think you should feature your hottest hubs? Your lower performing hubs in hopes of getting more traffic? Your latest hubs? A mix of all 3? What do you think is the best way to use this feature?

2. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 11 years ago

I'm still experimenting at present on how to use the featured hubs

My belief is that I should be featuring my strongest work on there as a showcase to our personal brand

I've personally decided to focus a few of my strongest hubs which receive relatively good traffic and readers tend to move onto other articles from.

I also feature a couple of what I deem to be great hubs which don't pick up a good viewership through google which I would like to be viewed more often. It seems to have increased their views to a small extent so does seem to be working so far.

Time will tell if that approach works. I may well try something new in future however right now the priority for me is attracting viewers through google and other search engines.

Learn Things Webposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like you're doing exactly what I'm doing. Mixing stronger hubs with poorly performing hubs. I'm waiting to see if I'll get much extra traffic on those weak hubs.

2. CyclingFitness profile image91
      CyclingFitnessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We'll see long term. My worry is making the featured hubs too varied. If someone searches via google for cycling stuff I'd think they're less inclined to view a hub on Internet dating etc

3. Learn Things Web profile image91

I wonder if a lot of visitors from Google even check out profiles. I had always thought of them as being more for other hubbers. If a lot of outsiders do check out profiles, maybe sticking with stronger hubs would be better.

3. TeachableMoments profile image69
    TeachableMomentsposted 11 years ago

Great question.

Right now I'm featuring some of my most popular hubs. However, after completing 7 hubs on 7 different topics for a hub challenge, I realized I need to go back and revise my featured hubs. After completing the challenge I noticed my content looks much more diverse and has attracted new followers. I want to showcase all of my different interests, not just feature hubs on the same topic. Hopefully this will continue to attract new readers.

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
      CyclingFitnessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you not find that if a viewer finds your hub for a particular interest they're more likely to choose to view another hub in the area? I'm worried diversity does more damage than good

2. Learn Things Web profile image91

The first thing I did was make sure I had diverse topics. Hopefully it does attract people with different interests who won't scroll too far down the Profile page.

4. profile image0
    danielabramposted 11 years ago

The best way is if you have a hub you think deserves more traffic than it is currently receiving.

I've been doing that with one of my hubs. I'm waiting to see if it helps.

5. DrMark1961 profile image98
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

I am using it differently. I wanted to make it easier for a visitor to my profile page, so I wrote several hubs organizing my articles on dog health, dog training, dog selection, etc. Instead of searching through everything that has been published, a visitor can just open the featured dog health hub (for example), then go down to the section of links about heartworm, and find the article and related articles about heartworm, all together.
    I have not yet seen the results from this but I think the new layout will make it easier for a non Hubpages visitor (from YahooAnswers, for example) to search and find an article easily.

I just checked out your hubs. That's such a great idea. I would never have thought of doing anything like that.

2. Lwelch profile image80
      Lwelchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is a very interesting idea to write library or index hubs.... that gives me something to think about also!

6. molometer profile image78
    molometerposted 11 years ago

I am still experimenting with the mix at the moment. Seems though whatever you put in there gets a little more traffic. Hard to tell really to early. Give it a few weeks.

7. Lwelch profile image80
    Lwelchposted 11 years ago

So far I have left it as who my "identity" hubs are.  i came to hubpages to help PE survivors and I want people to find those pages easily.

I have contemplated featuring my new hubs or my low traffic hubs but keep choosing to stick with my popular ones, the ones that draw people already.  It is a community service choice rather than the get traffic choice, but I feel it is true to why I am here.

8. Georgie Lowery profile image91
    Georgie Loweryposted 11 years ago

I honestly just put the ones I'm the most proud of. I am a terrible capitalist.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)