jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How important is the hub score (the ones next to individual hubs)? And how are t

1. sweetzara profile image80
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

How important is the hub score (the ones next to individual hubs)? And how are they calculated?

Some of my hubs that have a score in the mid 70s attract more organic views from google while the ones in the mid 90s get very few page views? Why is that? What is the point of a high scoring hub?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7118402_f260.jpg

2. Cliff Mendrez profile image89
    Cliff Mendrezposted 5 years ago

HubPages uses its own parameters to determine the score of a specific hub. The hub score does not tell much about how good a hub is in terms of attracting organic traffic. I suggest that you do not focus too much on increasing your hub score and just exert your efforts into making quality articles and increasing traffic.

3. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

The scores are there more as a way to stop spam. They are not seen by Google and have no influence over traffic.

4. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

The hubscore is how a hub meets the criteria of Hubpages.  It is an internal thing and nothing to do with how a hub is performing in the real world.  But, the hubs that have very high hubscores are sitting ducks to plagiarizers.  So, are our hubs that are marked as "hot" or "best."  Thank goodness the new profile do not highlight our best hubs anymore.

I have only one hub out of over a hundred hubs that keeps getting 100 hubscore.  It was performing well before, but not "the" highest performing hub.  A few months ago, it disappeared from engine search.  Why?  Because it was copied numerous times and I didn't know about it.  I just recently filed so many DMCA complaints, but my traffic have not returned to normal to date.

Oh, to answer your questions:
    1) How important is the hubscore on our hubs? -  Not important at all.
    2)  How are they calculated? - Only HP knows.   

I wish you the best here on Hubpages, sweetzara.  What a sweet name!  Cheers! smile

working