jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Does having more Hubs, lower the traffic of each?

1. CCahill profile image79
    CCahillposted 5 years ago

Does having more Hubs, lower the traffic of each?

Some Hubs that used to get a steady stream of traffic are now getting none at all, ever since I doubled the amount of hubs that I had published.

Should I be unpublishing some of my hubs, is it possible that my SEO and Google ranking is suffering because I have too many hubs, of which some are slightly outdated?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

No.  Absolutely NOT.  Each hub is independent, however, your subdomain is also judged as a whole....so if you have a lot of low traffic low scoring hubs - those could devalue your entire subdomain as a whole in the eyes of Google.

I've probably deleted well over fifty of my hubs....and I recall a day last month when I deleted and moved to blogger about a dozen low scoring low traffic hubs....and that made my traffic go up.

1. CCahill profile image79
      CCahillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cheers Wes, Ah see this is what i was wondering, say i removed 50 hubs which each brought 1 hit in 30 days, thats a loss of 50 hits a month but by increasing the value of my subdomain would i get at least 50 hits more a month in theory

3. online4income profile image74
    online4incomeposted 5 years ago

I don't think so, the more hubs you have the better, as far as traffic is concerned there can be a number of reasons.

Yes, bad neighbour type of problem (because of low quality hubs) must be rectified.

4. Jack von Faust profile image56
    Jack von Faustposted 5 years ago

I am new to hubpages, so while it probably can't be extrapolated to your case, I have definitely found that the number of hubs I create directly correlates to an increase in traffic. Again, I doubt this helps you, but it is a topic that I will keep in mind as my number of hubs continues to grow. Honestly having too many hubs seems like the kind of problem I would like to have.....

working