jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Moving idle hubs to blog. How long should I wait after unpublishing?

1. Jake4102 profile image84
    Jake4102posted 5 years ago

Moving idle hubs to blog. How long should I wait after unpublishing?

So since the idle hubs feature has been introduced, I have seen lots of people suggesting moving poetry, prose, and that sort of hub that garner little traffic to a blog. So I started a new blog at http://jake4102.blogspot.com/ . However, How long after I unpublish an idle hub should I wait to post it at the blog? Is there anything wrong with unpublishing a hub and immediately publishing it at my blog? Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

If you're moving your Hubs to another writing site, you'll have to wait until you're sure they've disappeared from search results, which can take up to a month.

However if you're moving them to your own blog, it doesn't matter and you can move them directly there if you like. 

The only thing to consider is you're likely to get even less traffic to your work on a blog, IF the blog is just a miscellaneous collection of subjects.  Google favours "authority" blogs, which offer lots of information about one subject.  So you may find you've jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

3. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

If you are only moving them because they are idle, Just change the pictures on them and check for typos and misspelled words. That will get them off of idle and you should be good to go. If you don't already have a site that is active, that is what I would suggest. Also, you could start moving a few over there a month to get the traffic going. You could get that going while you decide what you want to do.

1. Marisa Wright profile image97
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Becky is right - I changed only one or two sentences on my idled Hubs, and that was enough to get them out of idle.

working