jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Does clicking on ads while reading other people's hubs count against you

1. Lwelch profile image93
    Lwelchposted 5 years ago

Does clicking on ads while reading other people's hubs count against you

I know that you can't click your own ads, but are they your own ads when you are reading other authors' hubs?

2. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Hubpages staff has stated that you should not click on any adverts on Hubpages.

It's just too risky if you want to keep your Adsense account (and once you lose it, it's gone!)

If, for instance, you have clicked your own tracker, your own adverts show on 9-12% of any adverts on any hub you visit on the site. So it is possible to click your own adverts on other hubs.

Lwelchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How frustrating.  Sometimes there are ads that I am interested in.  I wonder if I used a browser that I was not logged into hubpages on if I would still see the ads and if that is still a nasty click.

WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Google tracks you by location and IP. Unless you're a hacker, I don't think you could avoid Google scruitiny. You can download ad block though.

3. MadanNeha profile image64
    MadanNehaposted 5 years ago

I am little bit confused here. I don't think that your ad is displayed on any other hub. According to me my Ads are displayed only on my hubs. If I am wrong please correct me.

That is what I want to know... so I can't answer that.  Hopefully we get a clear idea of the situation through this question!

WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This will give you a simple explanation of trackers and how your adverts are displayed: http://darkside.hubpages.com/hub/Referrals

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't click on any ad here.  But, if you'll notice, MOST of them, in addition to the subject of the ad, also display their URL.
    So, if you were interested in a given ad, I would think you'd be safe enough to open a new browsing tab, and type in that URL in the new window.  That would in no way be a click-through...And if you really want to be safe, open a different browser as well to do this with.   
    As for "right-click/copy" then paste into new tab...I'm not sure if that would count as a 'click' or not...so safer just to re-type the addy in that new window.

From what it sounds that may be the best answer.  The newer ads are better because you can see the site, the graphical ones never showed much.

working