jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Why has my commentator level been reduced to level 7 from level 8.

1. molometer profile image85
    molometerposted 5 years ago

Why has my commentator level been reduced to level 7 from level 8.

Who decides these things anyway? Is there a set criteria. If so what is it, so that new hubbers can follow if they wish.

2. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

The level is based on the last 9 months of commenting activity only. If you did a lot of comments ten months ago, it would no longer be counted.

molometerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, thanks. I had no idea. I tend to comment about the same all the time. Didn't realise it had anything to do with 10 months ago? how weird.

3. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Wrylit's answer may well be accurate, but when a hubber has concerns of this sort (that involves things we, ourselves do not control) I would want the answer from HP Moderators, to know for certain.
    BTW, most of these "mysterious" numbers are auto-monitored.  Only a few things are a result of the actions of a human.
    I don't blame you one bit for being concerned about this.  Send a question to HP.  It takes them a while to respond, but eventually, they do.
    There might possibly be an answer to your question in the learning center if you feel like searching....  Good luck, Michael

Thanks, I will give it a look and if I don't find anything, I will ask the hubpages team. Seems like one step forward two steps back at the moment.

2. fpherj48 profile image75
      fpherj48posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean, Michael.  Very discouraging.  (not to mention unwarranted!)

3. molometer profile image85
      molometerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Down to 5 and falling. Do I care. Not a jot. lol

4. profile image0
    HubTubposted 5 years ago

I often wonder too how the commenter level is determined.  I was just promoted from Level III to Level IV roughly three days ago.  I haven't been all that active on HubPages in the last 48 hours, and I now have been stripped of all commenter status, not even Level I.

That is weird. More mystery?

2. profile image0
      HubTubposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ironically, all of a sudden, my Level IV status is back.  Indeed, an interesting mystery.  I personally believe it has something to do with an algorithm buried deep in HubPages, one that members will never know!

working