This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What are the best methods for increasing your HubPages following?

1. Robert Erich profile image88
    Robert Erichposted 5 years ago

What are the best methods for increasing your HubPages following?

While there are many questionable methods (some of which I have written about and accidentally attempted in the past), what ways have you used to increase your HubPages following without annoying people? How can you gain a large following of truly interested readers?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Followers just come naturally with time.  But since followers are the visitors least related to earnings, you should really try for organic search engine traffic visitors.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

"SEO" Search engine optimization. Get your work out there by using Google adsense, Facebook, Google+1, Stumbleupon, Worldpress, Pinterest, etc. any social network that you can think of.

4. mcleodgi profile image61
    mcleodgiposted 5 years ago

I started gaining the most  followers when I started to follow more people myself. The more interest you put out there, the more you'll likely get back and the more interest you show in others, the more they'll be likely to show interest in you. It's kind of like a Divine exchange.  What I often do is search by topics I'm interested in and if I find the hub interesting, I'll then read the author's profile and if I also find the author equally interesting, I'll go ahead and click their "Follow" button. That way, you also find those who have similar interests to you.

1. peachpurple profile image83
      peachpurpleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

yes, i agree with you. I also do the same, read their hubs and followed them. Naturally, they will follow me too.

2. joanveronica profile image81
      joanveronicaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree, and basically I do the same. I really liked your comment about "the more interest you put in...etc. I think this describes my own opinion very well. Thank you for writing down these valuable ideas.

5. carol7777 profile image89
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

Though I am still fairly new I try to follow new people all the time. Getting your name around the community in a positive with genuine interest works for me. I am still working on SEO and on social networking sites.  I also try to add to the sites. I think it is a slow and patient process and doing something every day..And oh yes writing hubs.

1. Patriette profile image77
      Patrietteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So, should I automatically share my hub with Facebook friends?  What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? Thank you for your help.

working